that's the cost of a 24 mo "Performance Guarantee" from Guitar Center for the DJM-800 I'm buying today. . .
comes out to $7.80 a month over the course of the 24 months. . .
Looking at the terms for gold coverage. . .
Why Buy Gold Coverage?
Here are some great reasons to buy the Gold Coverage Plan for extra protection on your gear:
* Extends the manufacturer's warranty for 1 or 2 years (it's your choice!)
* Complete Peace of Mind.
* Avoids costly repair costs.
* Keeps products performing in Brand New condition.
* Free Shipping to and from Repair Facility.
* Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold.
* 100% Insured protection - Gold Coverage is underwritten by an A+ Certified Insurance Company - YOU are protected no matter what happens to US.
* Covers much more than the original manufacturer's warranty:
1. Damage due to Normal Wear & Tear.
2. Damage due to Dust, Internal Heat, Humidity, Heavy Usage.
3. Damage caused by Lightning/Power Surge.
4. No Lemon Policy on merchandise over $200- if it fails for the same reason 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown.
5. Complete refund in the event of failure or sub-standard performance on merchandise under $200 (Musician's Friend Gift Certificate sent for the full price plus applicable sales tax paid).
6. Manufacturer's Specs Coverage -- The product does not need to fail, to be covered. If the product does not perform as it did the first day you bought it, we will repair or replace it so that it does.
Gold Coverage contracts cover parts and labor costs resulting from a mechanical or electrical failure of the product. You are protected from damage caused by Normal Wear & Tear, Dust, Internal Heat, Humidity, or Power Surge to the following components: